TAUG is taking submissions for its Spring 2019 issue, “Identity” until 2/22!
We are looking for editorial-length articles, poems, and artwork that thoughtfully explore, from a Christian perspective, what it means to be a person. Our publication aims to be meaningful to the broader campus community, which includes Christians as well as those belonging to other backgrounds, religious or otherwise. We’ve come up with some potential topics, but feel free to choose your own!
- Many Christians are warned against misconceptions of their own identity: “in” school, work, relationships, etc., rather than “in” Jesus Christ. Where does identity come from, and how much power do we have over it? To what extent does this advice effectively inform a virtuous life?
- Political discourse in our era is heavily shaped by “identity politics,” a perspective in which political objectives are evaluated according to the interests of groups with a common identity: ethnic, sexual, or religious, for instance. Is identity politics a viable intellectual framework for the future of Western society? How does identity politics relate to a Christian understanding of the individual and the state?
- Many people consider Christian belief irrational or ill-informed, and would point to “defeater” questions that do not seem to have satisfactory answers within the Christian tradition (an example could be “Why does God allow evil?”). Can any such obstruction be resolved by reasoning about “identity”? Does a Christian notion of “identity” pose difficulties of its own?
Journal Submission Guidelines
- Include a short biography of yourself that includes such information as year, major, hometown – one sentence is sufficient.
- Citations should follow Chicago Style.
- Scriptural citations should contain the translation/version.
- Submit here.
Blog Post Submission Guidelines
- Send us your blog post at firstname.lastname@example.org
Artwork and Photography Submissions
- Please attach your photos or artwork as a .jpg file and email them to us at email@example.com. Include your first and last name and your year